Well who'd have thunk it. Budapest now has an amazing, modern, clean and convenient indoor water park. The kids were off school yesterday, so Keith took the day off and we headed off to Aquaworld that some of our friends had told us about. Low and behold, it was inexpensive (for a family of six that is) and definitely gave us all of the bang for our buck.
Jenny had a great time playing
in the wave pool. The waves made her laugh.
Daddy and Jenny enjoyed playing on the fun slides.
Mary and I both braved the water slide. We got to ride together, but the tube got away from me. So, Mary got to ride all the way down solo and I came down behind...no pun intended but "ouch". Keith and Jaeden decided to go do the same and they had a great time together sliding down and laughed and laughed. Mary and I decided to try this thing they talk about in Europe and swim outside even while it's frigid outside. It was actually quite nice. Mary thought the fog that it created was a little creepy, but was impressed by the automatic door that opened so you could swim outside to the open pool. One of the last attractions we visited was the hot pool. Now that pool was wonderful. It had lounge areas perfect for resting on and had jets on the seating area. Keith enjoyed sitting in this pool with the jets since his back has not been to happy as of late. I was even able to get in some exercise in the lap pool. I'm telling you we were very impressed. 8,120 forints for two adults and four kids. The tickets were for two and a half hours and it was plenty of time for the kids to have fun and we treated them to McDonalds on the way home. So we rate this Budapest outing as one of our favorites so far. Definitely a place to go on a gloomy, cold and rainy day in the Budapest winter.
Even Brandon, ventured out
into the wave pool and enjoyed
playing in the warm water.
So the snow has melted and the sun actually came out today to warm up the city. It was a welcome sight to see. It was still quite cold out, but we still enjoyed the beautiful day resting in our home. Hopefully Mr. Groundhog will not see his shadow and spring will come early in Budapest. It's my favorite season here and I can't wait for it to arrive.
ooooo! I can not WAIT to go! I think we are going for playgroup, but I think we are going on the guys day off and will just take Haley out of school. shhh! Don't tell! :)
ReplyDelete... and you know it won't be clean like this for long so we'd better take advantage quick!
The kids looked like they were having a great time. Love your blog...
ReplyDeleteI also can't believe little Brandon is 6. Time flies. Sit on Jenny so she don't grow up so fast.